Web Design Content Management: What's In Your Web Site?
We believe Web design has to start with a face-to-face conversation to create a plan.
We're working with you to determine the answers to these important questions:
- Who is the target audience for this Web site?
There are many options around this question. You can have an extranet -- a Web-based, closed network, stretching across multiple physical locations; an intranet -- a Web-based presence serving one location; or Internet -- a publicly available Web presence, such as for your business.
- What function does the Web site serve?
Is it a brochure to share information, is it a sales tool to generate leads and promote your brand, a marketing tool, a meeting place or blog, a resource, or some combination of all these functions?
- Do you know what content you want on the Web site?
What are you trying to say with this content? How should it be arranged on the site?
We don't expect you to know all the answers. That's why we're here. We can help you sort out what you want then we can talk to you about the next step -- incorporating your goals into a Web site. This will address navigation theory and design standards, branding, as well as guidelines for content and placement.
As your Web site solidifies, we can make recommendations for related services, such as Web hosting and e-commerce. Content management is a big catch phrase that can mean pretty much anything -- but in its broadest definition, it's everything on your site. Content is, well, content: images, words, catalogs, membership lists. We know about content:
- We can explain to you the differences between static and dynamic Web sites.
- We can show you the ins and outs of databases and what they can accomplish for your business on your Web site. Let's say you have a membership list, numerous articles, or some other large group of information -- all of this can be presented on your Web site in real time. And keeping it updated it as simple as typing the information into a spreadsheet.
- We can show you how we can set up simple content management systems that leave you in charge of publishing some or all of your content on your site.
- We can explain how many different ways there are to manipulate information on a site to get the most responses and the best attention -- including how best to link out to other sites.
an appointment today to let us show you how we can go to work for you and give you even greater leverage for your business on the Web.